Batch 2022: 81 placements bagged by the students of 2022 batch, securing more than 100 percent placements
Excellent Campus Placements have been achieved by the students of all the courses, due to the collective efforts of the placement department, faculty and students.
HIGHEST PACKAGE OF 18 LAKHS PER ANNUM BAGGED BY B.TECH. STUDENTS, PLACEMENTS 2021
Gurleen Pelia, B.Tech student, bagged a starting package of Rs 12 lac in Campus Placement Drive
Anmol Vyas & Tirath Singh Nijjar, B.Tech students, bagged a starting package of Rs 10 lac in Campus Placement Drive
My placement interview was conducted by a leading technology company Capgemini. The entire selection process was conducted virtually in three phases. Initially they conducted a 5 round test which included various sections(aptitude, gaming ,motion,general English,physcometric test). The second phase was technical interview where I was judged on the basis of my technical skills and submitted project details which included questions on various platform and computing languages.It was followed by a HR interview that focused on my communication and leadership skills to effectively manage real world problems.I am very thankful to my campus faculty for preparing us to grab all sorts of technical and nontechnical opportunities.I will forever cherish these years of experience and hardwork that played a significant role in making me capable of grabbing this placement opportunity.
I got selected in TCS with a Ninja profile. My placement process was conducted in two rounds, both the rounds were elimination rounds. Initially they conducted an online test, it was the general test of 3 hours which included mental ability, reasoning, verbal and logical questions and coding questions. The second round was an online interview round, the interview lasted for around 35-40 minutes. There were three interviewers in the panel for technical, hr and managerial. They asked me some general questions about me, about my ongoing internship role and experience. The technical interviewer was impressed to see internship experience. He asked me technical questions on the topics which were mentioned in my resume and a basic coding question was asked (pseudo code). Basically they crosschecked all the things i mentioned in the resume. HR and managerial asked some basic general situation based questions. I am thankful to my teachers for their constant guidance and support.
Interview is a 3 step process. Step 1 is an online assessment where they check your aptitude and reasoning ability. In Step 2 you have technical interview where they check your knowledge in subjects like DBMS, Java and AI/ML. Step 3 is an HR-Round where they discuss service agreements and work profile with you. I am very thankful to my campus faculties for preparing us on how to deal with the questions which are asked in aptitude tests and in various interviews.
My technical interview went very well ,it started off with the interviewer asking me about myself. I was then asked questions about my achievements as I mentioned in my CV and about my experience as a CR , then questions based on my academics from JAVA and CPP. After clearing the technical interview there was HR interview which had the main purpose of getting to know me, my take on life , how I ended up choosing CSE and a few other questions.
I was truthful in giving all the answers and got through the interview, finally getting placed.
I would like to thank the faculty and respected teachers for preparing us for the companies and specially the GNDU for proving a platform that helped me get placed.
- Centralized Placemenent for the Pre-Final and Final Year students by Placement Department at the University Level.
- Multinational Companies participate in the campus placements.
- More than 4000 students have already been placed by the Centralized Placement Department.
- Students are facilitated to do their industrial training in multinational companies.
- Value Added training programs changing needs of Corporate Sector.
- Grooming the students for Job markte through Career Guidance, Personality Development Seminars, Mock Tests, Group Discussions, Workshops and Guest Lectures.
- Students are actively involved in research work.
- Many students have got admission in institutes of national repute through GATE.
Er. Neena Madan, Placement Officer CSE
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Number: 81465-89599
Dr. Buta Singh, Placement Officer ECE
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: 80549-00872
Instructions to be followed during Campus Placements
Campus Placements generally start in 1st week of September. Very senior HRs dignatories/officials visit for the recruitment process. More than 1000 students participate in the campus recruitment program. Here are few instructions for you people that will help you and placement office to conduct all the recruitment process smoothly :
- The students should adopt a formal dress code during test, GD and interviews.
- The students must maintain proper discipline and decorum at the time of campus placements. Any indiscipline / unlawful activity may tarnish the image of the university and career of the concerned students. Strict departmental action will be taken against the students, who will create any such problem. The student will also be blacklisted from all the future placements.
- The students must carry university ID cards and hall ticket with them otherwise they will not be allowed to sit in the recruitment process at all.
- The students themselves are responsible for the data they have provided. The database provided by you is the base for all the placement activities.
- Join e-group 2015. All the relevant information will be shared through emails and notice board. To join the e-group, check our Join E-Group section on this website.
- Few companies take online test. So, at that time the students should not carry along with them pen drives / CDs and any such hardware, which could create a problem in test.
- The students should start preparing well for C, C++, aptitude test, general maths, general english. Few companies also conducts psychometric test and group discussions. So, students should be well prepared.
- You must have your all DMCs and other related documents at Amritsar at the time of recruitment process. The company officials might ask for these documents at the time of interview. You should also bring your CV and passport size photographs at the time of interview.
- For better preparation, you can visit websites like placementpapers.com, freshersworld.com www.indiabix.com and many more other websites to search test material and interview tips.You must also visit the website of the concerned company to get useful information about the company, which could be helpful at the time of interview.
- Share all the news with your classmates and roommates.
- Don't spread rumours. Anyone found spreading rumours and misleading information will be punished.
- Only the eligible students should sit in the recruitment process. If we found any student found sitting for the recruitment process of any company for which he/she is not eligible, we shall blacklist the concerned student for future placements and strict departmental action will be taken.
Remember all this activity is for your future and your career. Any misbehaviour / miscommunication / unlawful activity may ruin your career. So, you are instructed to be well prepared, disciplined and aware about all activities.
Our Corporate Alliances
The Department has high placement rate through all means, campus as well as Department to industry on personal basis or through alumni. Our alumni are well placed in various media organisations, private, public and entrepreneurical, in eminent positions. Many alumni are presently placed in the PR and other Departments of the Government of Punjab. The Department encourages the concept of earning while learning and many students are absorbed into media organisations after internship during their studies and thus , are able to stand on their own feet.The Department supports the students in their endeavours.