- GNDU has a global recognition with alumni associated with top notch companies around the world.
- With a strong legacy of over 50 years, GNDU has been established under the Punjab State Legislative Act No.21 of 1969.
- Research funding from DST, UGC and other funding agencies worth crores of rupees.
- World class Research-Oriented Infrastructure comprising of sophisticated instruments and softwares.
- Access to latest research softwares such as Virtual Nano Lab, Optisystem, NetSim, MATLAB etc.
- 9 Times National Cultural Champion, 13 times North Zone Inter-University Cultural Championship and 22 times winner of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Trophy.
- Highly transparent evaluation system based on CGPA system.
- Excellent placement record for both ECE & CSE streams.
PRESTIGIOUS RECOGNITIONS BESTOWED ON GNDU
- First University bestowed with Category-I status (in Punjab) by UGC
- Ranked Among Top 8.7% Of World Universities In CWUR Assessment(2019)
- National Institutional Ranking Framework, MHRD, Govt. of India has ranked GNDU 2nd amongst universities in Punjab and 51st amongst universities of India* in 2020. (*source: NIRF, MHRD, Government of India, 2020)
- Awarded by UGC with the 'University with Potential for Excellence' status and as one of the best 6 universities in India and only one in Punjab to acquire this status.
- Accredited with 'A++' Grade by NAAC
- Awarded by UGC with the 'University with Potential for Excellence' status
Various Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) Signed by GNDU
- MoU between GNDU and Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- MoU between GNDU and University of Wolverhampton, UK
- MoU Signed between GNDU and The University of South Florida, USA (on 26 February 2019)
- MoU Signed between GNDU and Cornell University, USA (on 11 April 2019)
- MoU Signed between GNDU and Internshala, Gurugram (on 17 October 2018)
- MoU between GNDU and Punjab Remote Sensing Centre, Ludhiana (on 03rd May 2018)
- MoU between GNDU and Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay Signed on 29/03/2016