Stop doubting yourself, work hard, and make it happen.
- thought for the week
GNDU RC Jalandhar
- To provide professional competence to students with strong foundation in the core areas.
- To continuously enrich the teaching learning process through linkages with industry, projects, Workshops, Seminars and Conferences.
- To provide holistic education to the students through inter-disciplinary courses and Life skill development programs i.e. co-scholastic & co-curricular activities.
- GNDU has a global recognition with alumni associated with top notch companies around the world.
- With a strong legacy of over 45 years, GNDU has been established under the Punjab State Legislative Act No.21 of 1969.
- Research funding from DST, UGC and other funding agencies worth crores of rupees.
- World class Research-Oriented Infrastructure comprising of sophisticated instruments and softwares.
- Access to latest research softwares such as Virtual Nano Lab, Optisystem, NetSim, MATLAB etc.
- 9 Times National Cultural Champion, 13 times North Zone Inter-University Cultural Championship and 22 times winner of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Trophy.
- Highly transparent evaluation system based on CGPA system.
- Excellent placement record for both ECE & CSE streams.
Prestigious Recognitions Bestowed on GNDU
- First University bestowed with category-I status (in punjab) by UGC
- National Institutional Ranking Framework, MHRD, Govt. of India has ranked GNDU 4th amongst universities in Punjab and 59th amongst universities of India* in 2018. (*source: NIRF, MHRD, Government of India, 2018)
- Awarded by UGC with the ‘University with Potential for Excellence’ status and as one of the best 6 universities in India and only one in Punjab to acquire this status.
- Accredited with 'A++' Grade by NAAC
- Awarded by UGC with the ‘University with Potential for Excellence’ status
Associate Dean’s Message
Congratulations, to all young aspirants for being part of GNDU Regional Campus Jalandhar.
I feel deeply honoured to share that Guru Nanak Dev University has always been an excellent centre of learning for students for the last 47 years. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has awarded it the highest status of 'University with Potential for Excellence' as an acknowledgement to the university's contribution in teaching and cutting edge research of significance. The University is also accredited with 'A++' Grade by NAAC. With the rapid advancement in the Information & Communication technology and emerging trends based on smart infrastructures has brought new challenges. . . . . . . . .
TCS enquode 2018 Winner
Rohan khanna of B.Tech CSE Final year has been declared winner in the Grand Finale of TCS EnQuode 2018 competition held today i.e 23rd August in Chennai. He is declared winner by TCS top management amongst the thousands of students participated across India from top notch Engg college. Rohan got:
- Selected for TCS digital profile (7 lpa)
The Technical Students’ Society of the campus proudly presented the annual technical festival on 6th April 2018. High levels of competence and dexterity were showcased in the ‘Techfest 2018’ by the future engineers from the host campus and from various institutes. All the participants got an opportunity to explore their niche by running codes in Java, flagging opponents in CS 1.6, facing time crunch in Robotic Obstacle Race, tiding up the thought process for Knowledge Mash etc. Dr. Jyoteesh Malhotra, the worthy Dean, while motivating the students to give their best emphasized the fact that along with the theoretical aspects the budding engineers need to polish their practical know how via the event. The technical & co-curricular incharges, Dr DeepKamal Randhawa & Dr Harminder Singh also motivated all the participants & wished them good luck.
GNDU improves ranking,MHRD list puts it at 59
Improving its ranking from last year,GNDU has been ranked 59 in the all-India university ranking released under the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) by the Ministry of Human Resource Development on Tuesday.
Vice-Chancellor Dr Jaspal Sandhu said "We have improved from our last year's rankings. We shall be working towards making the university as one of the best across the globe,î he said.